Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a MELT Z Truck Training Certificate of Completion
- Program includes 1.5 weeks of in class theory and 3.5 weeks of behind the wheel driving
- Textbooks included
- Observation and use of our truck simulator are always available for no extra charge
- One on one instruction in cab
- 2 AZ Road Test attempts included with tuition
Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, the MELT Z (AZ) truck training program is 5-weeks in length and provides students with the mandatory requirements as set by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario’s (MTO) Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) standard to obtain their AZ license. This program includes both in-class theory and practical behind the wheel training. Our trucks are all standard transmissions, ensuring that our students obtain a full AZ license without restrictions.
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components & Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks and Manoeuvres
- Documents, Paperwork, and Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement & Loss Prevention
- Handling Emergencies
- Air Brake
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have minimum Grade 10 English (online equivalency test available)
- Must hold valid Ontario G drivers licence
- Must have approved MTO medical forms that meets visual, hearing and medical requirements for a class A licence
Hear it from our graduates!
I attended NCA’s Heavy Equipment and AZ courses in 2021 and I have no regrets whatsoever. The staff and instructors are beyond amazing, have tons of real world experience and helped me every step of the way. I highly recommend this academy to anyone who wants excellent hands on training.
How to apply?
Inquire online or in-person at 1 Fisher Road, Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Fisher Road
Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3