Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Certificate of Completion and more!
- MELT Z Truck Training Certificate of Completion
- Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Northern Construction Academy’s 5 week MELT Z program meets the minimum requirements as set by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario’s (MTO) Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) standard. Providing students with training from experienced professionals with the opportunity to train in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
This program includes both theory and practical learning through the use of classroom and hands-on operation.
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components & Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks and Manoeuvres
- Documents, Paperwork, and Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement & Loss Prevention
- Handling Emergencies
- Air Brake
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have minimum Grade 10 English
- Must hold valid Ontario G drivers licence
- Must have approved MTO medical forms that meets visual, hearing and medical requirements for a class A licence
How to apply?
Apply online or in-person at 1 Ceasar Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E5P3
*Due to COVID-19 we are not accepting any walk-in applications at this time.
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Ceasar Road
Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 5P3