Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Certificate of Completion and more!
- Heavy Equipment Certificate of Completion
- Real-Life Practical Applications
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries
- Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
NEW PROGRAMS BEGIN EVERY MONDAY!
This 8 week program includes both theory and practical learning through the use of classrooms, simulators, hands-on operation and practical training from industry professionals. The hands-on training takes place in the equipment under the instruction of a qualified trainer. Students will also engage in various classroom activities to help prepare for a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator
Northern Construction Academy’s Heavy Equipment Operator Program provides students with knowledge of maintenance, walk-around inspections, workplace safety and more on a bulldozer, backhoe, excavator, grader, loader and haul truck.
- Heavy Equipment Theory
- Practical training on Loaders, Dozers, Backhoes, Excavators, Graders and Haul Trucks
- Introduction to Common Core Surface Miner
- Construction Regulations
- Construction Safety Act
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum OSSD or equivalent
How to apply?
Apply online or in-person at 1 Ceasar Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 5P3
*Due to COVID-19 we are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Ceasar Road
Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 5P3