Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Six Piece Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate of Completion
- Heavy Equipment training includes 9.5 weeks practical in machine training and 4 days of in class theory
- Textbooks included
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries
- One on one instruction in cab
NEW PROGRAMS BEGIN EVERY MONDAY and are offered YEAR-ROUND!
Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, this 10-week heavy equipment program includes both classroom and practical training. The hands-on training takes place in the equipment under the instruction of a qualified trainer. Students will also engage in various activities to help prepare for a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator
Students will focus on knowledge of maintenance, walk-around inspections, workplace safety and more on a bulldozer, backhoe, excavator, grader, loader and articulated truck.
- Introduction to Common Core Surface Miner
- Safety and Walk Around
- Inside Cab
- Fluids and Maintenance
- Trenching and Buried Utilities
- Obtain experience on a loader, dozer, excavator, grader, backhoe, and articulated truck
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (online equivalency test available)
Hear it from our graduates!
I heard the school was new and offering Heavy Equipment training and wanted to see for myself what they had to offer. I couldn’t be happier or more pleased with choosing NCA! Everyone at NCA is wonderful.
How to apply?
Inquire online or in person at 1 Fisher Road, Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Fisher Road
Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3