Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Certificate of Completion and more!
- 4-Piece Heavy Equipment Certificate of Completion
- Real-Life Practical Applications
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries
- Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
NEW PROGRAMS BEGIN EVERY MONDAY and are offered YEAR-ROUND!
This 8-week heavy equipment program includes both classroom and practical training. The hands-on training takes place in the equipment while under the instruction of a qualified trainer. Students will also engage in various classroom activities to help prepare for a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
Northern Construction Academy’s Four Piece Heavy Equipment Program provides students with knowledge of maintenance, walk-around inspections, workplace safety and more. Students will experience training on 4 different pieces of equipment – excavators, dozers, loaders and graders.
- Introduction to Common Core Surface Miner
- Ministry of Labour – 4-Step for Workers
- Buried Utilities
- Loader, Bulldozer, Excavator and Grader Operation
- Walk Around
- Inside Cab
- Fluids and Maintenance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
How to apply?
Inquire online or in-person at 1 Fisher Road, Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Fisher Road
Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3