Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Four Piece Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate of Completion
- Heavy Equipment training includes 7.5 weeks practical in machine training and 3 days of in class theory
- Textbooks included
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries included
- One on one instruction in cab
NEW PROGRAMS BEGIN EVERY MONDAY and are offered YEAR-ROUND!
Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, this 8-week heavy equipment program includes both classroom and practical training. The hands-on training takes place in the equipment while under the instruction of a qualified trainer. Students will also engage in various activities to help prepare for a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
Students will focus on knowledge of maintenance, walk-around inspections, workplace safety, operation and more while training on an excavator, dozer, loader and grader.
- Introduction to Common Core Surface Miner
- Loader, Bulldozer, Excavator and Grader Operation
- Walk Around
- Inside Cab
- Fluids and Maintenance, Trenching and Buried Utilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (online equivalency test available)
Hear it from our graduates!
I loved this program and will recommend it to others, I had a great time learning with Al and Eric.
How to apply?
Inquire online or in-person at 1 Fisher Road, Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Fisher Road
Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3