Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a DZ Truck Training Certificate of Completion
- Program includes 1 week of in class theory and 3 weeks of behind the wheel driving
- Textbooks included
- Observation and use of our truck simulator are always available for no extra charge
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries included
- One on one instruction in cab
- 2 DZ Road Test attempts included with tuition
Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, Northern Construction Academy’s registered 4 week DZ program provides students with training from experienced professionals who prepare students with the knowledge and skills required to complete the Ministry of Transportation’s (MTO) Commercial vehicle Class D road test on a standard transmission truck.
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components & Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Off-Road Tasks and Manoeuvers
- Documents, Paperwork and Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement & Loss Prevention
- Handling Emergencies
- Air Brake
- Surface Miner Common Core
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum grade 10 English or equivalent (online equivalency test available)
- Must have valid Ontario G drivers licence
- Must have a valid MTO medical form that meets vision, hearing and physical medical requirements for a Class D licence
Hear it from our graduates!
NCA takes their academy seriously and has provided a solid foundation for professional truck driving. It was an inviting and intimate learning experience, the administration made my choice easy.
How to apply?
Inquire online or in-person at 1 Fisher Road, Garson, Ontario P3L1N3
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Fisher Road
Garson, Ontario P3L 1N3