Start Date & Locations
Graduate with a Certificate of Completion and more!
- 4-Piece Heavy Equipment + MELT Z Certificate of Completion
- Real-Life Practical Applications
- Surface Miner Common Core Modules necessary to access pits and quarries
- Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
NEW PROGRAMS BEGIN EVERY MONDAY!
This 13-week program includes both classroom and practical training. The hands-on training takes place in equipment while under the instruction of a qualified trainer. Students will also engage in various classroom activities to help prepare for a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator and AZ Truck Driver.
The Four Piece Heavy Equipment 8-week portion provides students with knowledge of maintenance, walk-around inspections, workplace safety and more. Students will experience training on 4 different pieces of equipment – excavators, dozers, loaders and graders.
The MELT Z 5-week portion meets the minimum requirements as set by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario’s (MTO) Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) standard. Providing students with training from experienced professionals with the opportunity to train in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components & Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks and Manoeuvres
- Documents, Paperwork, and Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement & Loss Prevention
- Handling Emergencies
- Air Brake
- Introduction to Common Core Surface Miner
- Ministry of Labour – 4-Step for Workers
- Buried Utilities
- Loader, Bulldozer, Excavator and Grader Operation
- Walk Around
- Inside Cab
- Fluids and Maintenance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Must hold valid Ontario G drivers licence
- Must have approved MTO medical forms that meets visual, hearing and medical requirements for a class A licence
How to apply?
Apply online or in-person at 1 Ceasar Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 5P3
*Due to COVID-19 we are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
Get in touch
Northern Construction Academy
1 Ceasar Road
Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 5P3